Monday, April 4, 2022

Bridgerton Season 2

Everyone has seen or heard of Bridgerton on Netflix. It was the most talked about and watched show when season 1 first came out. We all were swooning over the Duke and those fit Bridgerton men. Like everyone else I was loving season 1 and was hooked. I even got my sister hooked, it was the perfect December watch in a lockdown. It was what was needed during those glum times. Bridgerton took us all to another time and era, which we all loved. 

So when I found out that season 2 was coming out like most people I was excited to see how it was made. I was even more excited because it made by Shonda Rhimes who makes Grey's Anatomy and I love that show after binge watching that show last year. So, the expectations were very high for this season. 

There was a lot of conversations around this season, the first was that the Duke wasn't going to be in. The second was the South Asian representation that people were going all crazy over. Then their was the storyline and how it was adapted from the book but also needed to fit the South Asian’s in the show. So I was thinking how is this going to work. I haven't ever read the books because I only found out about Bridgerton as it was on Netflix. But I wanted to see how this season was going to be. 

I am a South Asian and don't get me wrong I think representation is good to show but I don't get the big show of it all. Yes they cast an Indian girl to play the main characters but to be honest I think it would've been better if the the main character was white. People getting so excited because they use a few things to reflect South Asian’s I think was funny. I don't think it was all that to be honest and to be honest I didn't like this season. 

I think I am one of few people who would say that. And it isn't about the sex scenes as in the first season there was many sex scenes but I just feel like this season was lacking so much more. Yes it was lacking in sex scenes and I feel like that could've added something. But there was no real excitement for me. I had no interest to see if the two got together in the end. In the first season every episode had excitement.The connection between the Duke and Daphne was just so obvious and you could see the excitement in both of them. This was flat for me. It had nothing that was really sticking out. 

Even the other storylines of the Feathringtons, Lady Whistledown, the Queen. There was no real jazz of the show. I skipped most of it as I found it really boring to watch and I think I was waiting for something exciting to happen. Even the way that Lady Whisteldown is sussed out by one of the characters that couldve been done better. It was just a mere guessing game. 

I read a couple of articles of peoples thoughts of Bridgerton and some have similar views to me. But one made a point about the second book and that we are missing so much from the book. The sex scenes, the intimacy, like we could've had a much better season. 

Furthermore, I feel like the Duke could of been in it. He would've added a real nice addition to Anthony and how he feels about getting married. As the Duke didn't want to get married at first but then you could see how he changed and how Daphne changed his views on it. Perhaps the Duke being in the show might of made it more interesting because I found it really flat. 

So here is hoping that season 3 will be better then season 2 because I was really disappointed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Reindeer Review

 How could I not be discussing about the biggest show that has hit the UK in the past few weeks?!?  Yes you have guessed correctly - Baby Re...