Monday, February 7, 2022

Footballers and Money

 Following on from my previous blog about Ted Lasso there was no way I couldn't write about the current state of what is happening in football. Particularly Mason Greenwood, who has recently been the press for number of charges against his ex girlfriend. When that story broke everyone was talking about it. If before you didnt know who he was then once this broke you defiantly did. However this news story about him got me thinking about footballers in general. 

This story breaking got me thinking about footballers and other sports people who are young and attain so much at a young age. He is just 20 years old and earns big money, roughly a week he earns £75,000.00. That is just pure insanity that he earns so much money at such a young age. I know that all footballers earn  big money but they don't have any support in terms of money management, guidance. If I was a 20 year old earning that much I know that I would be so stupid about it all and spend it on unnecessary things. I would probably behave like I own the whole world and that everyone should listen to me. Anyone who says that they would act differently are lying themselves. Your maturity only comes once you get older and you actually go through things in life. When your younger you know that someone will always come to your aid or will just let you off because you are young. 

I am not justifying anything that he has done. He has committed a crime and he should be punished for it. But that element of how this perhaps could of been prevented had their been support for him and someone perhaps to talk to about it. In Ted Lasso they actually bring in a psychologist and by bringing her in you can see how much she actually helps these players face their issues. Maybe that's what football clubs need to do. They need to have a support system for these players and make sure these youngsters are having the guidance that is required to ensure they don't go the path and venture down the wrong road. 

I just think that guidance and support would benefit these players heck any sportsperson who is in a role that requires them to be in the spotlight. All the factors of being in the spotlight, always being on top form, being number 1 no matter what would impact them massively. I think maybe clubs should think of this for the future and perhaps these young players would be able to manage all that pressure that they perhaps feel. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Reindeer Review

 How could I not be discussing about the biggest show that has hit the UK in the past few weeks?!?  Yes you have guessed correctly - Baby Re...