Thursday, January 6, 2022

Olaplex Purple Shampoo Review

 People love Olaplex shampoo and their products, frankly if you haven't heard about it then I am surprised. As it is always all over social media, hair salons use it and a lot of Make Up artists put it on their social media pages. It is promoted a fair bit and always promoted for good hair growth. 

My hairdresser who also happens to one of my sis in laws mentioned to me that Olaplex has launched a purple shampoo for blonde hair. I found this out whilst I was on holiday in Canada, so I decided to go ahead and purchase it. I never personally had brought the Olaplex shampoo but it had been used on my hair at the salon and my hair had always turned out nice. I thought why not go ahead and I did. 

I came back off my holiday and started to using it from the first wash I wasn't impressed with it. My hair felt like it hadn't been washed properly. But I thought let me give it a chance. I used it for four washes in total and it started to turn my hair silver, it was toning my hair too much. I at first thought it was just me but then my cousin made a comment, he was like your hair is really silver. Then my sister started seeing that my hair was separating in colour and going gingery at my roots with silver ends. I went back to my hairdresser and literally was like please help me fix my hair. She took it off my hands and gave me my favourite shampoo Kerastase. 

As soon as I started using the Kerastase again my hair went back to it's usual blonde. I then went back to get my hair done and spoke to my hairdresser about the Oplaplex Blonde. She was like you are right and it is a terrible shampoo. She goes she experimented on other people at the salon to see what would happen and she goes that it was turning their hair colours all sorts of different shades. She was having to re- tone the customers hair. She was like Olaplex is so good but it turns out their blonde shampoo is not good. 

So Olaplex Purple Shampoo is rubbish and bad. For a company that has such good reviews for their shampoo haven't got this one right. They have really got this formula wrong and it doesn't do what it should do. 

I give this shampoo a 1/10. If you have blonde hair I would not recommend this shampoo at all. 

                                                                     Hair before using: 


                                                                        Hair after using:


Olaplex: 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Reindeer Review

 How could I not be discussing about the biggest show that has hit the UK in the past few weeks?!?  Yes you have guessed correctly - Baby Re...